Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Post? Nah!

I notice that, after enrolling in LPW701B, there is no obligation to keep a journal in that course, so it would be appropriate for me to close my blog off here.

However, I've noticed that the requirement to write on the decisions and changes I am making to my manuscript, as I learn more and alter the perspective I'm using to approach it, is having a very positive effect on the story itself.

The discipline of having to justify my position or my changes in the writing has, I think, given me a lot more confidence in my writing process. It has contributed a great deal to making this story a deeper, and more layered one. I believe it hase has far more intellectual integrity now.

So I don't think I'll be closing off the blog. It's just too valuable a tool to walk away from.

Not having a tutor to address my posts to may be a little odd. I'll have to fabricate some "model reader" with a similar Ecoesque "encyclopedia". That's an interesting writing exercise in itself: creating a reader-character to read my writing on my writing. Hmmm!

Recursion rocks!

1 comment:

Zannie said...

Hi Maddy, congrats on both your journals. What a fabulous record of these two units, and your creative and academic journeys.

I agree with you on how keeping a journal really does make one more aware of one's own writing. I,too, will be continuing to keep mine, as I head next week in to 701B, especailly as I did not do the two units side by side.

I will constantly refer to both my journals, as the theory from 700 and the content from 701A will help me with 701B, as you so rightly point out.

I am sure you will do well with your publication portfolio The Splinter, I just can't wait to read the finished product.

So does this mean that you have now finished your Master's? If so, congratulations are in order, and you deserve them.

Keep in touch. I will send you my home email address.

Hugs,
Your cyberfriend, Zannie